Fall Mulching Fast Growing Privacy Evergreen Thuja Green Giant arborvitae & Murray Cypress
You do not necessarily have to mulch your Green Giant or American Pillar Arborvitae for them to develop to their full potential, but they may grow at a faster rate if you mulch them.
Benefit of mulching:
- Locks in moisture and slows down water evaporation
- Keep weeds away from competing with the trees for nutrition/water
- Keeps the lawnmower and weed eater away from the trees
- Provides organic material in future years
- Provides protection against excessive cold should unseasonable cold spell hit
- Opportunity to hide weed barrier or drip line underneath
- Absorbs heat faster than grass, a benefit for cool days
- “Keep Out” messaging for people who may assume your trees accidentally lined up
Overall, mulching is an inexpensive insurance to make sure your expensive investment will do great.
Mulch bed for a row of Cypress, Lexington KY
For more information:
Shop our store for Green Giant / American Pillar Arborvitae and Murray / Leyland Cypress: